- Entries must be written in English
- Only one entry per person
- All work must be original and unaided
- The word count per entry is 750-1,000 words, please aim to keep within this
- Entries must be submitted online by midnight on March 21st 2013
- Late entries will not be accepted
- Entries received on paper or via post will not be accepted
- Please make sure your contact details are entered correctly on the online form – this is to make sure we can contact you if your entry is chosen as a winner or for publication
- Concern Worldwide will arrange all publicity surrounding the competition winners and prize-giving. Winners are asked to refrain from arranging their own publicity or publication of winning entries
- We reserve the right to use entries for publication or promotional purposes
- Individuals will be notified by email in the event of their entry being selected for publication
If your entry is chosen by the judging panel as a winning or shortlisted entry or for inclusion in the Concern Writing Competition book, we’ll need this information:
- Name, age and home address
- Contact phone number and date of birth
- Category (junior/senior/adult)
- School Name and address
You will not be contacted by Concern for any purpose other than the writing competition.
- Concern will form a panel of highly qualified people to serve as competition judges
- Competition winners will be contacted by Concern
- The decision of the chairperson of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision
- Winning and selected entries will be included in the annual Concern Writing Competition book
- Photographs of the winners together with their names and ages may be used in publicity campaigns where the parents or guardians have given their consent.
- Winners will be announced on our website.